Thursday, March 9, 2017

Entry #11: Experience about blogging
Writing is always a hard subject for me. Actually, when I was in secondary school, I used to be a good student at writing, I even got the second prize at literature competition. But when I went to high school, writing is not my strange anymore and believe me, I don’t know why neither. I know this could be a weakness because in the future, I must write a lot, I have to write for applying scholarship, I have to write for applying a job. So, I know that I should improve this situation. If I’m not good at writing, I can be fallen behind. At first time when I tried to blogging, I was so annoyed and really want to give up, two blog a week plus one essay every two weeks consumed almost my time. But, I still have to write, unless I’ll be failed the course, and that is not good at all. Moreover, I want to bring back my “glory”. So, I just keep writing. People said that sometimes the unexpectable lines make a work of art. The importance is you have to make a move, give an effort, don’t just stand at the same place. Gradually, I realized that writing is not that bad, otherwise, it is interesting. Blogging is learning. Albert Einstein used to say: “If you cannot explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough”. So, when you write about any random topic, you make yourself learn, research to have a certain knowledge about that topic, thus you have information to talk and share that information to the other people. By this, you will learn more things while you are blogging. Besides, writing helps me improve my writing skill and grammar. This also expand my relationship, encourage me meeting and talking to people who has the similar idea about something.

As an assignment, I think blog is a good way to help students practice their writing. Because this is considered another platform of social media, it uses for sharing users’ thinking and pictures of daily life or any other topic that users want to talk about or share. So, in this environment where is similar to what they are using for entertainment, students will feel more comfortable to write about a topic that is given. And somehow, this will make their writing better. 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you found value in the Blog Project, Na. You have grown as a writer and in your awareness of rhetoric. Good.

    ReplyDelete